Is This Blog Still Used?

Um... Hello? Anyone there?


Hmm...

Well, things have been tremendously busy since we last updated our blog. Almost a full year has passed and I don't even know where to begin. I guess the best place to start is where Janet and I left off. Here's the mass update for what has transpired over the last 11 months.

I started my new government civilian position late last November. I've been in my position for almost a year now and like any job, there are days that I love what I do, and others that I cannot wait to leave and come home to Janet and the dogs. In July, I was moved from the office that originally hired me to another that works strictly cyber-related issues (which also happens to be the same as my AF Reserve job).

We've had a whirlwind of visitors since last November. We spent Thanksgiving with Janet's Aunt and Uncle here in the Springs. My family came out for Christmas and New Year's. Thankfully, there has been minimal travel for Janet and I in 2011. In June, Cindy came out for a visit with our nephew Jimmy. Then, my family visited for their summer vacation in July. August saw our good friends Matt and Julie came and visited, during which we stayed at Janet's family's cabin and hiked over 9 miles in RMNP in a single day. Immediately upon their departure, Janet's Mom and Craig came out to visit her mom's Colorado family. And just like that, we were celebrating our 3rd Wedding anniversary up at the Cabin.

The end of August and beginning of September saw me on a couple of business trips for work, and then we were once again up in Breckenridge for Oktoberfest. We got rained on for most of the day, but we enjoyed our time together up in the mountains. Which pretty much brings us up to the present.

Its hard to believe that nearly a year has gone by, but that's the great part of living in Colorado. It is so easy to stay active with outdoor activities, continuing to work on our house, as well as staying active in our church. Our Senior Pastor has been teaching on some really intriguing topics that have caused Janet and I to have in-depth follow-on discussions for days afterwards. We are currently praying and seeking God's will for the lessons that He is trying to instill in us through Pastor Mark and others. As we discern more of what God is trying to teach us, and where He is leading us, we will be sure to keep everyone informed.

That's it for now, I'm sure that more posts and photos are forthcoming in the days ahead courtesy of Janet.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top