Spring has arrived in Colorado. I am always so happy to see the color green after a long dry brown winter. This year the weather is warmer so we have spent lots of time outside in the backyard. Only one apple tree bloomed this Spring.
Aspen and Izzie love this weather and beg me to spend every afternoon out in the yard playing with them.
Their favorite games are chase and catch the ball. Notice Aspen's crazy tongue in the second picture it cracks me up every time!
The rabbits and I fought (husband edit: more like a war...) over the tulips again this year and once again they got several but I had four bloom. I am determined to plant some Iris next Spring as I hear they leave those alone. We now have cute little baby bunnies and I can't be angry with them.
We are so happy to see our Aspen tree survived another winter. The birds love the bird feeder and like to taunt the dogs by flying right over their heads. The Red Wing Blackbird in particular loves to sing and wait for Aspen to come out and bark and then flies all around the backyard with Aspen chasing it.
My sweet Izzie girl shadows me all day long and when I go somewhere she can't, she patiently waits for me.
The veggies in the garden and are growing as well and I'll have to post pictures of those next time.We are so happy and blessed to be surrounded by the beauty of nature.
0 comments:
Post a Comment