Well, on behalf of Janet and I, welcome to our blog... I know, you're wondering, what took us so long?? Well, lets see... we've been busy--but a wedding, honeymoon and then moving across the country will do that to you.
Quick recap:
1. We got married on August 23rd.
2. Went to Hawai'i for our honeymoon.
3. Came back to Colorado.
4. Moved to Florida on October 1st.
So let's come to the present: it's been about a month and half since we got to our new home here in Navarre, Florida. We're pretty much settled into our new apartment (yes, all of 3 miles from the beach and the Gulf of Mexico). We've gotten basically completely unpacked and are now working on getting all our photos and pictures up on the walls. We actually made some significant progress on that last point now that we have some pictures above our couch and up in our office loft. :)
On the whole, we're enjoying being in Florida; but I think that we'd both admit that we miss being in Colorado and able to hit the mountains at will. We do like being closer to both of our families who are on the East Coast. Janet has taken to collecting sea shells, and in the six weeks since we arrived, we've amassed quite a collection--some of which are being prominently in our guest bathroom.
As Janet just reminded me, I should probably talk a little about my new job. I'm working for a company that is an Air Force Contractor at Hurlburt Field. I've been doing curriculum development for the Air Force's Undergraduate Network Warfare Training course. So far, I'm liking my daily duties and have learned a tremendous amount. I think that once I'm allowed to start actually instructing--the major portion of my job--I'll like it even more.
0 comments:
Post a Comment