It's Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day everyone! It's been a busy last two months. Janet and I have been to and returned from our trip to Colorado Springs back in April, my family came for an Easter visit, and I've just completed my first Master's level course, and as the two of us enjoy a rather wet and soggy Memorial Day weekend here in Navarre, we're preparing for another trip out to Colorado. This time it's to complete my two weeks of annual training that I have to do as a reservist. We'll be gone from May 26 until 10 June.

Unlike our previous trip, we have the comfort knowing that the weather is actually going to be warm! Warm Colorado weather exclusively means outdoor activities: camping, hiking, running and of course trips to the zoo. Unfortunately, we won't have all that much time to do the in-depth hiking/camping that the both of us would love, but we have two of our hiking favorite spots already lined up. Oh, warm weather in Colorado Springs also means one other thing: Sky Sox baseball games. There's no better activity to enjoy in the Springs than the AAA-affiliate to the Rockies. :) I know that I'm excited about catching a few games.

My first Master's course has taken up a fair amount of time recently, especially being an 8-week online course. I've decided to major in National Security Studies, and I'm enjoying things so far. Online courses are definitely a different animal than traditional classroom courses, but I honestly like the format.

That's about all that's been going on in the Smoly household. We'll write again from Colorado.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Back
to top