Ugh, I'm glad to be home.
Today started out good, went to chaotic, then back to some semblance of normality. Janet and I departed for DIA and arrived promptly at 9 AM this morning, returned our rental car, and got shuttled over to the Frontier Check-In Desk... Chaos ensued.
I'm not sure if it was because 10 AM is the height of their daily departure schedule, or if its their continued operations under Bankruptcy protection, but Frontier's customer service ranks among the worst in the industry; and this is a sad development from just a year or two ago. We got into the ticketing area only to be confronted with the worst check-in line I've seen with Frontier. After being directed to get into line, I informed the agent that our flight was at 10:20. She responded, you're supposed to arrive at least 45 minutes before hand. I countered with "I have an hour to go" to which I got "we'll you need to be here two hours prior." Alright, I'm pretty miffed at this point. We finally get up to the check-in kiosk, and after swiping my identification through, I get the following error message:
"You flight is boarding soon.
Please Contact a Frontier Customer Service Ticketing Agent"
Alright, I inform the closest agent of the message and get "You're past the 45 minute check in cut-off time." I go ballistic. What?!? I've been standing in your line for the last 20 minutes.
Long story, short: a nicer agent gets us checked in, but informs us that due to the time crunch, our bags might not make this flight. Alright, will they deliver them to us like other airlines? Nope... it's our responsibility to retrieve them, whatever time they arrive.. Oh, and if we don't make the flight, the best they'll do is put us on standby for the next flight to Atlanta. Alright, we'll take our chances.
I won't even comment on the TSA security checkpoint... the ineptitude is mind boggling.
But, we made the flight, got to Atlanta, and our luggage made it to. We're home now, but I hope that the pending (and most likely) purchase of Frontier by Southwest will fix the poor service that has crept into a once-stellar airline.
0 comments:
Post a Comment