Hey there campers. Glad you could join us for another edition of the Adventures of K & J. Well, we're not even a full month past the Summer Solstice, but I am already eagerly awaiting the approach of the Fall.
This summer has been the most amazing, unbelievable and shocking that I have yet experienced and this is all courtesy of the many wildfires that have been burning across Colorado. I have to tell you, I have never seen anything like what occurred on Tuesday, June 26th. This was the day that the Waldo Canyon Fire came over the ridge line and burned over 300 homes on the West side of Colorado Springs. This is a photo that the Denver Post published that doesn't need any caption.
Its only July and I'm Ready for the Fall
While normally you are not directly impacted by a wildfire, its more of something that happens in more rural areas, Janet and I got front row seats as we made several trips to evacuate Janet's grandmother and many of her belongings from her home near Garden of the Gods. I know that on June 26th, I was up for nearly 19 hours when all was said and done.
Needless to say, we are both still recovering (sleep wise) from the Waldo Canyon Fire. After driving through the West side of town yesterday afternoon, I can say without question, that I will never be able to think of Colorado Springs without these images coming to mind. This final image is one that I took with my mobile phone as we came back from dinner Tuesday evening; its small but feel free to click for the larger version. This is the view of the fires not 5 miles (as the bird flies) from where we were.
I'm ready for the Fall...


0 comments:
Post a Comment